Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: Calorie Counter for iPhone

Last month, I wrote about calorie counting and maintaining a food journal. I use My-Calorie-Counter database to maintain my food journal. It's easy and intuitive. So I was suitably impressed when I saw that they have released a free iPhone app. I quickly downloaded the application on the iPhone hoping that I can now keep track of my calorie progress on-the-go.

Sadly, the app is just a reference database of common foods and their nutritional data. According to their ad, the database contains data of over 34,000 food items - which is very impressive, and it is something nice to have in your pocket when you are perusing a restaurant menu deciding what to order.


But it would have been so much better if they could have integrated the app with the main database to sync my food journal. Currently, I still have to log into the website everyday to update my calorie consumption. Having the ability to update this information on the iPhone would have been ideal. In fact, I would not hesitate to pay a fair amount for such convenience.

 Hopefully, they will update the app soon to provide the ability to sync the food journal and record calorie data on-the-go.

Till then, if you just want a reference of nutritional data, and you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can download the application using iTunes from here.

This is how the data pops up when you select any item.

No comments:

Post a Comment